Sunday, October 30, 2011

Food for Food






Hi all, here is some images of the food object I made. Chocolate is by far my favorite food, and I just had the desire to make a paper, heart shaped box. I brought the item into Rogers Grocery on Friday and traded it for a lovely milk carton and a graphite-covered salt dispenser.



On a separate note, I will address the question of my studio space in this post as well. As an aspiring designer who still lives off my parents money, I do not have the means to have a space that is separate from my living space, although this is the ultimate goal. My practice uses a lot of equipment (the full set up is a sewing machine, iron, ironing boards, serger, mannequin, and steamer). I have all of these things outside of school, but it is super frustrating that I do not have the space to use them just yet. In the meantime, I am happy to take advantage of the sewing machines and other equipment at school I will never be able to afford, but I do not like being forced to design in the same space as the other, (high-strung) students in the fashion department.

No comments:

Post a Comment