Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Taylor Elyse Compton



Taylor Elyse Compton

I am a painter, sculptor, designer, and my mediums consist of whatever inspires me. My process usually starts with an idea, but never comes full circle until I can play with materials. Lately my concepts have had a lot to do with exploring the micro patterns and scales of our world, physically, socially, psychologically, and economically. I have hopes that these visual excursions become more of a personal transformation. The hard work and sometimes painful anguish an artist goes through to realize an idea, reflects the same hardships we go through in life before we can visualize the bigger picture. The goal is that through making these micro focuses works, I will be more aware of something in myself that is seeded within global issues. I hope that my viewer will see something in my work that may challenge them to explore that in themselves. Truly for me making art is an attempt to discover myself, and be comfortable and happy with every choice, stitch, stroke, and caste I do, which also means embracing failure. Co-existing with the current state of the world propels me to find comfort and understanding within the smallest crevasses of my being. Whatever that means…


No comments:

Post a Comment